Sunday 13 March 2011

Should we train for this trip? (Tim)

It occurred to me last night as I walked in the rain and darkness, I've never ridden my scooter at night time nor in lashing rain.
Our trip to Italy has a number of fixed deadlines (trains, ferries etc) so we are not going to have any choice about the conditions we ride in - I'm having a bit of a worry now about running late in Germany and having to ride in the dark, in the rain and on the other side of the road!
I wonder if I should get some practice in? Its probably not wise to practice riding on the other side of the road til we get there, but maybe I should do some night riding before we set off, if only to see if my headlight works.
How do you keep your helmet visor clear while you're riding in lashing rain?
Of course it might just be easier to put a cosmic order out for sunny weather and no delays

No comments:

Post a Comment