Thursday 3 March 2011

Whatever the weather (Tim)

Thanks to Hugh for the heads up on some reasonably priced thermal wear.
I was up early to pop over to our local Aldi supermarket, where I was delighted to get some proper motorcycle trousers (up until now Ive been wearing jeans and sometimes some camouflage overtrousers - which look a bit rubbish and the jeans are just too thin to wear in this very chilly weather)
So this is what I bought;
motorcycle trousers (thermal, waterproof and armoured) - £30
Compression thermal top and legs - £16
10mm welded chain and lock - £10
rain/dust cover for the scooter - i wondered if it would be useful when out and about on rainy days - i dont fancy having to climb back onto a soaking wet seat - £8

I thought these seemed like jolly good value for money, but I cant help wondering what I might have gained if I'd have bought similar stuff from a motorcycle store for 2 or 3 times the price?

I also bought a neck tube for £5 - but its pretty rubbish - i think ill take it back.  And accidentally i picked up a pair of wind cheater trousers instead of top (£10) - again i will swap these

So I now feel much more weather prepared.  Though I would like to think that when we get to Italy we can ditch all this bulky stuff and cruise around in the sunshine in sharp Italian suits (or as hugh suggests, harrington jackets)

5 weeks to go! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment