Monday 14 February 2011

Ferry Crossing (Tim)

Ordinarily the obvious direction to Italy would be south - and via Dover.  But as we have had our travel plans redirected via Dusseldorf, it looked like Harwich / Hook of Holland might actually be a more direct route - despite the fact that when we actually leave our houses - I will be riding East, and Scotty riding North!
An additional advantage of Harwich/Hook of Holland it that we can use the crossing as a sleep over too.  Our return ticket for a 2 birth cabin and 2 scooters is £320 all in.  I reason that this is probably getting us there quicker AND we would have to have paid for a stop over somewhere anyway, so the cost isnt too bad if you say it quick enough.

So thats all the non-riding parts all booked and paid for.  All additional costs from here on will be fuel, replacement clutch cables and JD&cokes..... oh and we might choose to do a stop over on the way down in Verona

I am feeling both excited and nervous
Scott messaged me just now;
"after being anxious for weeks, I feel quite zen now! And excited!"
followed by;
"also do you still want to do a mirror swap, the most time I use mine are in traffic jams when I'm looking out for other bikes that are screaming up, and twatty cyclists"

No comments:

Post a Comment