Friday 25 February 2011

Rebuttal (Scott)

In response to Tims earlier thoughts:
1. Electric start on a Vespa. The amount of times I have stalled the scoot in traffic over the past 340 odd miles, is embarrassing. Electric start has stopped me from getting a punch in the face many times. And kick starting's a pain. And he's jealous.
2. I read on Wikipedia (so it must be true) that white helmets have the highest visibility rating, so being new to this whole scooter lark, I asked for one of those. I was then reliably informed by Tony from Harry Nash Scooters (roughly paraphrased) that when you have a head shaped like a lumpy potato, you shouldn't be so fussy about colour, get one that fits. So as a owner of a 1972 XXL head, I took what I could get. Though as I happens, I do quite like the matching helmet and scooter look, the beast has a black seat and I have a black jacket and trousers, so that's a match too, but I ruin the look with my fluorescent yellow backpack cover. Oh well. Style was never my strong point.

No comments:

Post a Comment