Sunday 3 April 2011

For Sale (Tim)

Once upon a time, a long long time ago - 1977 to be precise - I remember a fat and grumpy old woman came to my school.  The 'Careers Advisor' had come for the afternoon to allocate a future to me and my class mates.  One by one we were called up to her desk to be asked "So, what are you good at?"  In front of her she had a printed list of 'careers' - I remember some of the list;  Army, Police, Nursing, Engineering, Bank, Teaching, Builder (Actually I think this was about the extent of the list).  I chose Engineering - not because of her inspiring interview, but because my mate Mark was going to do it.
I note with interest now that at no time did anyone suggest to me a career in Pub Management.  Clearly, even in my youth, it was obvious to everyone that I was not even good enough to organise a piss-up in a Brewery

I was in a panic earlier this week about these racks.  I had ordered 2 sets of racks at a great price from Classicorama in Vietnam, but I began to fret about what I might do if they didnt arrive in time, and so I decided to buy another set from a supplier closer to home.  K and S Scooters came to my aid and promised to get some racks sent to me in time for the weekend.
"But what if the Vietnamese ones come in time?" asked my very sensible wife (who really could have been a brewery manager)
"There is no way they are going to be here in time" was my panicked and irrational reply
As you will no doubt of guessed by now, yesterday 2 large boxes arrived at my house - one from Derby, the other from Vietnam.  I was now the proud owner of 3 sets of stainless steel vespa racks. Doh!

I felt like a kid in a sweet shop - I had an excess of racks.  I was probably the envy of every other scooter-boy in town (maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment