Saturday 9 April 2011

Tunnels

If you are going to enjoy riding through these wonderful Italian mountains and hills, you will also have to endure their tunnels.
Now Scott rather liked the tunnels, but me? I was petrified. I hate riding the scooter through these tunnels (I don't particularly enjoy driving a car through them either)
I felt claustrophobic and vulnerable. Added to this, you can't just whip your sunglasses off like you might in the car AND although I've been driving the whole of this trip with my headlamp on it's fucking useless as a device for illuminating your path - though it does make quite a good lamp for lighting the map strapped to your front luggage map. Shame our maps have been fucking useless too.

And so I was driving virtually blind through some of these tunnels relying on scottys tail light to guide me out of the nightmare that could quite easily made me wet my pants. Maybe I'm not cut out for this sort of adventuring afterall

No comments:

Post a Comment