Saturday 2 April 2011

Spare parts in place (Tim)

As part of my mission to pack efficiently, I figured that the there was way too much spare space inside the spare wheel - and it clearly needed to filled with something that didnt need regular access - The spare parts.

A quick bit of bracketry, and an Ikea sandwich box, and voila - spares all safe and sound and not taking up any essential socks and toothbrush space.

I made the brackets 2 weeks ago, but it has only been today that Ive got round to fitting and testing.  A nice run through Birminghams pot-holed streets gave it a good shaking and all appears to secure.
I hope i dont have to see this box again until I return from this trip

Note; The purple things in the bottom of the picture are latex gloves - i dont want to get my fingers dirty by replacing a clutch cable on the way to a restaurant.  Ive got 4 pairs - so I hope for no more than 4 breakdowns.
And the shiney wrappers in the spares box are sweets.  I know from experience just how pissed off you can be when stuck on the side of the road trying to fix a breakdown.  A sweet can be just the ticket for a bit of comfort and to raise the blood sugar

1 comment:

  1. hey gran sport scooters ash hey thats a cleaver box there great if u dont have a battery and sweets are a gd thing :)

    ReplyDelete