Monday 18 April 2011

Ready for the off (Tim)

I've loved riding around Sestri. It's a lovely peaceful little town, the sun shines and riding here without bulky jackets and gloves is clearly what Piaggio had in mind all those decades ago when the first Vespa rolled off the production line.
However as we load the bikes with our luggage bundles I notice the odometer - while here in this idyllic scooter riding town I have experienced the grand total of 6 miles.... Every one with a smile on my face!

So the bikes are loaded and we are ready. Scott has made a last minute list of towns to head for - we've given up with maps and we've said our goodbyes. I'm a little anxious that I didn't get to check the gearbox oil or check any cable adjustments. I had promised myself (and the vespa) to do at least that after our long ride here - but there hasn't been time and so once again relying on our combined good luck we set off completely unprepared again

2 comments:

  1. What a time to leave, on the crest of a wave. Take care of yourselves and the bikes. Have a safe trip home, I have a beer waiting.

    ReplyDelete