Wednesday 13 April 2011

Riding in the sunshine

"Quick they need these books over at the Convento"
"No worries boss (Scott) I'll run them over"
Of course I couldn't resist to stop for a photo opportunity ;-)

Scott and I have been really busy these last couple of days and the scooters haven't had much attention, but I did notice him slip out for a sneaky spin this afternoon, so I was keen for an excuse too.

As the old saying goes "When in Italy, scoot like an Italian" - so off I went in my tshirt and no gloves. It was sheer scootering heaven not to be burdened by all that cumbersome protective motorcycle clothing and there was the added thrill of doing something that felt a little bit naughty. Of course we are not obliged to wear jackets and gloves in the UK but for some reason I feel I should, and yet here I don't feel that same need.

The ride to the Convento is no more than one mile - but I still managed to stop in between to take this picture :-)

4 comments:

  1. how dare u do this before i do on me lammy ill do this and update you with a picture of the same place so where is this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim....enjoying the blog. Keep it up. Sounds amazing! Very unlike you to be naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so idlic, I can almost smell the water. Did you know that you're a lucky "B"

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaaaaaah... lovely post and lovely spot to stop! I missed going for a vespa ride, I kept thinking about asking but of course "too much to do" all the time made me forget. will you come back vesping next year? :)

    ReplyDelete