Sunday 10 April 2011

Take it steady (Tim)

I am sure that the twisty mountain roads must take thier toll on our Vespas. Lots of clutch slipping, gear changes and braking.
We decided to stop a couple of times to let the bikes rest and cool down - I'm starting to feel a deep relationship with my scooter not unlike I guess a cowboy might have with his horse; you look after me, and I'll look after you (I've even noticed Scott on a couple of occasions pat his saddle and whisper "good girl")

I was very conscious of my brakes and brake cables becoming 'relaxed' as a result of lots of use over the past 4 days and I wasn't confident of being able to brake sharply if I had to, so we kept a steady pace as we ascended the other side of the mountain toward Sestri - much to the probable annoyance of the little trail of local traffic bunched up behind willing us to speed up

We'd come this far without a hitch; it would have been nuts to push the bikes to the limit and cause some damage... But it did make me wonder what the actual limit of one of these bikes really is

No comments:

Post a Comment